VIENNA® BEEF HOT DOG STAND CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Vienna® Beef’s Hot Dog Stand Challenge (the “Promotion”) begins on 8/19/21 at 12:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on 10/17/21 at 11:59 PM (CT) (the “Promotion Period”).
The Promotion consists of a challenge wherein eligible entrants will have the opportunity to win prizes by visiting participating Vienna Beef Hot Dog Stand locations (each, a “Location” and collectively, the “Locations”) and checking in as described herein. Prizes will be awarded to eligible entrants who have the most unique check-ins, the most unique locations visited, most check-ins in a defined neighborhood, and most check-ins at a single location (each, a “Challenge Prize Winner” and collectively, the “Challenge Prize Winners”). Additionally, a weekly random drawing will take place at the end of each week during the Promotion Period (the “Weekly Sweepstakes”) to award “Weekly Prizes” (as described below) from among all eligible entrants who have completed at least one (1) check-in during the corresponding week. For purposes of these Official Rules, a week is defined as each seven (7) day period during the Promotion Period beginning each Thursday at 12:01 AM (CT) and ending the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM (CT) (Note: The final Weekly Sweepstakes entry period will end on Wednesday, 10/13/21). All participation instructions and prize details are described below.
Entry in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Vienna Beef, Ltd. 2501 W. Fulton St., Chicago, IL 60612 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal United States residents residing in the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin who are eighteen (18) years of age or older are eligible to enter. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Laughlin Constable, Inc., Orbit Media Studios, Inc., Logical Media Group, Gossip Genie, Owners and Employees of Participating Hot Dog Stands and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, Locations, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each, are ineligible to enter the Promotion or win a prize. Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW IT WORKS:
LOCATION VISIT ENTRY. Visit participating Location(s) during the Promotion Period and scan the QR code calendar inside the Location at the register. Then, either log into your account on the Website or follow the instructions to create an account to receive a “check-in” on your account for that Location.
The Website will include a list of participating Locations. Each Location will have one (1) Promotion calendar display with a QR code at its Location. To check-in to that Location, you must scan the QR code to log it in your account at the Website, check it off your list and add it to your check-in totals. You do not need to make a purchase at a Location in order to scan the QR code and check-in at that Location. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. There is a limit of four (4) check-ins per day per participating Location. You must wait a minimum of one (1) hour in between check-ins at the same Location. A new QR code will be made available at each Location for each day of the Promotion Period. QR code can only be scanned inside the Location from the Promotion calendar at the register at the respective Location. Sponsor is not responsible for the health of any participating individual.
Additionally, you will receive one (1) entry into the Weekly Sweepstakes each week during the Promotion Period that you check in to at least one (1) Location. Limit one (1) entry per participant per Weekly Sweepstakes.
NO LOCATION VISIT NECESSARY. Random QR codes will be made available by mail. To request a random QR code by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope including your challenge account email address from the Website with sufficient postage affixed to: Vienna Beef’s Hot Dog Stand Challenge, c/o Laughlin Constable, 207 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202. All requests must be postmarked by 10/17/21 and received by 10/23/21. You will randomly receive a QR code Location scan to your account by the Sponsor or its designee. A letter noting your account email and location will be mailed back in the provided self-addressed stamped envelope. Check your account to learn which Location you randomly received credit for as well. Limit one (1) request per outer stamped envelope.
All check-ins must be registered by the end of the Promotion Period in order to qualify. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Promotion. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually registered for the Promotion cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected check-ins will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
4. WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the end of each week during the Promotion Period, five (5) potential Weekly Prize winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received for each Weekly Sweepstakes. Non-winning entries WILL NOT roll over to subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes drawings. Eligible entries include all check-ins made during the corresponding week along with all mail-in request check-ins made fourteen (14) – twenty-one (21) days following the end of the corresponding week. The potential Weekly Prize winners will be notified by e-mail, using contact information provided or collected at the time of registration. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. The odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the respective Weekly Sweepstakes drawing.
5. CHALLENGE WINNER DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, the Challenge Prize Winners will be determined by Sponsor based on the parameters for each Challenge Prize. The leaderboard featured on the Website is for entertainment purposes only and will have no bearing on the determination of Challenge Prize Winners. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on the designation of Challenge Prize Winners. The potential Challenge Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail, using contact information provided or collected at the time of registration. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or within fourty-eight (48) hours of a second notification attempt or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize based on the results of the challenge, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
One (1) Top Dog Grand Prize is available. The Top Dog Grand Prize will be awarded to the first participant to visit all Locations or, if no one has visited all Locations prior to the end of the Promotion Period, the participant who visits the most unique/different Locations during the Promotion Period. The Top Dog Grand Prize consists of the following: a) four (4) premium admission tickets to a sports or entertainment event each month for a year (exact events will be determined between the Sponsor and are subject to availability; tickets will be distributed by Sponsor to Top Dog winner on a quarterly basis and must be used for stated event on the scheduled event date or that portion of prize will be forfeited); b) a $1,000 ViennaBeef.com gift card (gift card is subject to separate terms and conditions imposed by issuer); c) a custom Top Dog T-shirt; and d) a Top Dog of Trophy. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Top Dog Grand Prize is $13,500.
Three (3) Hot Dog Royalty First Prizes are available. The Hot Dog Royalty First Prizes will be awarded to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Runner-ups to the Top Dog Grand Prize winner. Each Hot Dog Royalty First Prize consists of the following: a) a catered Hot Dog party for up to forty (40) people including equipment and food to cater at home; b) a Mini Hot Dog Cart; c) a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place (as applicable) Hot Dog Royalty Trophy and d) a custom Hot Dog Royalty T-shirt. The ARV of each Hot Dog Royalty First Prize is $500.
In the event of tie for the Top Dog Grand Prize or Hot Dog Royalty Prizes, the tie will be broken based on the participant who has the most unique/different check-ins, followed by the participant who has the most total number of check-ins. If there is still a tie, the tie will be broken based on who completed the last check-in first.
Fifteen (15) Mayor of the Neighborhood Prizes are available. Each Mayor of the Neighborhood Prize will be awarded to the participant who has the most unique check-ins in each designated neighborhood (the neighborhoods are defined on the Promotion Website. Each Mayor of the Neighborhood Prize consists of a custom “Vienna Beef Mayor of Neighborhood T-shirt and a free 6-pound box of Vienna beef franks. The ARV of each Mayor of the Neighborhood Prize is $125.
Three Hundred Sixty Sevn (367) Hot Dog Stand Loyalist Prizes are available. The Loyal Dog Prizes will be awarded to the participant who has the most check-ins at each individual Location. Each Loyal Dog Prize consists of one (1) Chicago Style Hot Dog kit. The ARV of each Loyal Dog Prize is $75.
In the event of a tie for a Mayor of the Neighborhood Prize or a Loyal Dog Prize, the tie will be broken based on who completed the last check-in first.
Forty (40) Weekly Sweepstakes Prizes are available (five (5) per Weekly Sweepstakes). Each Weekly Sweepstakes Prize consists of one (1) Vienna Beef Trucker Hat. The ARV of each Weekly Sweepstakes Prize is $75.
Limit one (1) Challenge Prize and one (1) Weekly Sweepstakes Prize per participant.
7. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Prize winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential prize winner may be required to execute, and the potential Grand Prize winner must execute and have notarized, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Promotion. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. GENERAL: Participation in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes each entrant’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Promotion as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect registered participants and mail-in requestors as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: Any legally required winners’ list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Vienna® Beef’s Hot Dog Stand Challenge Winners, c/o Laughlin Constable, 207 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.